Handheld Badge Verification
Enabled with Universal
Telaeris required a powerful yet highly compact embedded RFID reader for its XPressEntry handheld multifactor access control solution.
With its flexible architecture and open API, the TWN4 MultiTech 3 reader module enabled remote reconfiguration to activate new customer card technologies and upgrade firmware to meet emerging security and functionality requirements.
The perfect RFID solution for you!
- Readers/writer must read an extensive array of card technologies used in the security industry
- Must have a very small form factor for embedded integration
- Must be easy to reconfigure to support customers deploying new badges or functionalities
- Must support storage of secure application keys inside the reader
- The ELATEC TWN4 MultiTech 3 reader module supports all current RFID standards for the frequency ranges 125kHz and 13.56 MHz, and NFC for smartphones
- Small size fits the form-factor of customer hardware
- Supports quick, contactless remote configuration and updates
- Broad technical certifications covering most of the world
- Configurable for all major card transponder technologies globally, the TWN4 MultiTech 3 reader module maximizes Telaeris’ market opportunities, eliminates inventory complexities and helps them better serve customers using multiple card technologies.
- Their customers can now remotely reconfigure the XPressEntry to activate new card technologies and update the firmware to meet emerging security and functionality requirements
- Badge credentials are encrypted and securely stored in ELATEC's reader, providing Telaeris customers with secure, reliable user identification and access control.
Telaeris specializes in handheld readers for physical access control, emergency mustering, and identity validation. Their XPressEntry is a product line of rugged handheld devices capable of reading any badge technology, plus biometric authentication. Telaeris has deployed handheld badge readers for more than a decade. Telaeris purchased a wide range of embedded RFID readers from a variety of vendors to support the wide variety of badges in the industry. Unfortunately, each RFID module required custom integration and development, which was time-intensive. Worse, it only worked with a subset of card technologies.
A Secure, Universal Reader Technology
When developing their XPID handheld badge readers, the Telaeris team required an RFID reader with a small form factor for their next-generation handhelds. It also had to be future-proofed by being able to read more badge technologies than any other handheld in the industry including SEOS, iClass, Prox, Indala, DESFire EV2, and PIV and simultaneously.
For Telaeris and its XPressEntry product line security is a priority. They wanted encrypted keys to access credentials are stored securely in the reader and to never leave, allowing identity badges to be simply presented to read customer secured data.
Flexibility to Meet Evolving Customer Needs
Telaeris also needed the reader module firmware to be upgradable with minimal downtime. In one case, a customer requested an upgrade of their system to add multi-factor biometric validation using an integrated fingerprint reader in the XPressEntry product.
Telaeris needed to be able to quickly upgrade the reader module firmware to read the fingerprint template, compare this to the live finger presented to the reader, and then provide the activity to the back-end access control system.
TWN4 MultiTech 3 Reader Module: Tiny and Intelligent
The ELATEC TWN4 MultiTech 3 reader module met Telaeris’ requirements and more. The reader is configurable for all major card transponder technologies globally—more than 60, maximizing their market opportunities, eliminating inventory complexities and helping them better serve customers using multiple technologies. And with its flexible architecture and open API, the TWN4 MultiTech 3 module can be remotely reconfigured to activate new card technologies or upgrade firmware to meet emerging security and functionality requirements.
Telaeris’ XPressEntry is now the industry-leading handheld reader solution at schools, businesses, and government facilities.