efficient player protection
with slot machines
The Czech slot machine manufacturer has developed an innovative solution for player identification based on the RFID reader/writer TWN4 MultiTech SmartCard from ELATEC.
I would like some advice
- The RFID reader/writer must be compatible with all standard card systems in the market – including contact-based smart cards.
- The reader must have a slot and be capable of recognizing the card's insertion and removal.
- The reader must have a USB or RS232 interface.
- TWN4 MultiTech SmartCard supports more than 60 RFID card technologies, including smart cards.
- In addition to contactless authentication via RFID, the ELATEC reader also has a slot for smart cards.
- The reader is equipped with numerous interfaces, including USB, RS232, and serial TTL.
- Players use their RFID cards to log on at the slot machine's TWN4 MultiTech SmartCard. They can only play as long as the card is in the reader's slot.
- During the game, a separate information screen displays information on total losses/winnings, losses/winnings per session and playing time.
- Once the maximum legal playing time has been reached, the machine is automatically locked; it is unlocked after the mandatory break time.
- Players are automatically logged out when they remove the TWN4 MultiTech SmartCard from the slot.
- Thanks to the TWN4 MultiTech SmartCard, the machines are suited for both host-based and standalone operation.
In the Czech Republic, a new regulation on gambling has been in effect since January 1, 2017. Players must register with the operator, who has to ensure that players take a break of at least 15 minutes for every two hours of playing time. There are also now limits on winnings and losses at the slot machines. These changes presented new challenges for Apollo Games, a well-known Czech company specialized in the development and manufacturing of slot machines.
Minimal costs and maximum user convenience
The solution: Authentication with RFID. It is cost-efficient and practical – and presents the lowest possible extra costs for the operator. At the same time, it provides maximum convenience for players. To put this innovative access control into practice, Apollo Games developed a special box and equipped it with the TWN4 MultiTech SmartCard reader from ELATEC. The high-performance and versatile RFID reader/writer perfectly fulfills all of the requirements.
The TWN4 MultiTech SmartCard reader supports more than 60 RFID card technologies for LF, HF, and NFC – including all standard systems worldwide. It is therefore ideally suited for the Czech gambling market with its numerous different card systems. Existing cards can simply continue to be used.
Certified and future-proof user authentication
Not only does the TWN4 MultiTech SmartCard reader provide contactless authentication with RFID, it also has an integrated slot for contact-based card systems (ISO 7816). In addition, the reader can be individually programmed and modified by means of a script language, so it can independently perform complex commands such as log-on procedures or increment/decrement functions. Hassle-free firmware updates of the reader in the field: This means that the slot machines are altogether future-proof. And it's no surprise that Apollo Games has been certified for its authentication solution, the first company in the Czech gambling market to do so.