Better security and convenience for car sharing with authentication provided by RFID.
With authentication provided by RFID.
Installation of the RFID reader/writer TWN4 MultiTech 2 from ELATEC provides future viability and flexibility for access control in shared vehicles and assures long-term success in the car-sharing segment.
Contact us for further information.
- The RFID readers/writers must enable authentication at all locations and for different transponder technologies.
- It should prevent the unauthorized use of vehicles and thereby enhance their safety.
- Improved customer satisfaction.
- ELATEC TWN4 MultiTech 2 supports more than 60 card technologies worldwide.
- RFID-based authentication enables detailed user controls and prevents improper use and mishandling.
- Access to the vehicle is simple and easy by means of a personalized RFID-enabled customer card. Complicated pickup or handover of the car keys is no longer necessary.
- The TWN4 MultiTech 2 from ELATEC is the perfect solution for RFID-supported access control in car sharing. It provides the highest level of security for user authentication.
- It has substantially simplified the reservation process.
- Costs for service, management, and maintenance of the vehicles were lowered.
- A unique identification number for card readers means they can be used at different car-sharing locations.
Due to its growth and takeover of other providers, a leading international car-sharing company sought out an innovative solution for user authentication that would work at all locations and with different transponder technologies. They quickly found it: The ELATEC TWN4 MultiTech 2 was installed in all vehicles.
A simplified reservation process and ease of use improve customer satisfaction.
The versatile and compact RFID reader/writer TWN4 MultiTech 2 supports all standard card technologies. This gives customers uniform and convenient access to all vehicles worldwide. Existing RFID cards can continue to be used. It has also simplified the reservation process, which means that customers are more satisfied. At the same time, the solution has improved vehicle safety. Yet another important extra with RFID-based access control.
The cost-efficient solution
In terms of both security and convenience and cost factors, RFID-based access control proved to be the best solution over alternatives such as magnetic stripes and bar codes. Thanks to RFID technology from ELATEC, new customers were simply given an RFID card for convenient and secure access to vehicles. This saves costs for service and transfer points for issuing car keys in person. Because the TWN4 MultiTech 2 is remotely configurable, the card reader can be updated from a distance and upgraded with new RFID functions. Expensive and complicated service calls on-site are eliminated.