ACCESS CONTROL IN NUMEROUS APPLICATIONS
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is an effective, secure and convenient solution for user identification and access control in numerous applications. Using the same ID card employees already use to get in the door, RFID can:
- Ensure that the right users have access to the information and equipment needed
- Eliminate the complexities of multiple passwords and PINs
- Match user with equipment usage, behavior, cost allocation, safety statistics and regulation compliance
- Connect user with time-and-attendance and human resources systems for pay, attendance tracking and productivity analysis
But RFID implementation has its challenges
Equipment OEMs, integrators and end users need to understand the differences in RFID reader capabilities and select the one that will maximize their market opportunity.
- Will the reader work with the varied card technologies being used?
- Does the reader support the functionality and security requirements?
- How easily can the reader be remotely reconfigured or updated as requirements or market conditions change?
This guide provides the information you need to know to properly evaluate RFID reader technologies and make the right choice for your product or organization.