in parcel delivery. Package stations with RFID.
Parcel pickup and delivery around the clock? Electronic parcel box systems with RFID reader/writer TWN4 MultiTech 2 BLE from ELATEC make it possible.
The perfect RFID solution for you!
- The RFID reader/writer must be compatible with all standard card systems worldwide.
- Users must also be able to authenticate themselves with smartphones.
- TWN4 MultiTech 2 BLE supports more than 60 RFID technologies, including LEGIC, HID and MIFARE.
- Thanks to the reader's BLE extension, users can be conveniently authenticated by smartphone.
- Authentication via RFID enables registered users to pick up – and send – packages at electronic parcel boxes around the clock.
- Access is granted with RFID badges and cards or conveniently by smartphone.
It's a familiar problem for anyone who shops online: If you don’t have any friendly neighbors to accept a package for you, it's very difficult for working people to receive a delivery. No success with follow-up delivery attempts either. In the end, the package lands at a service station that is neither close-by nor has customer-friendly business hours. In 2015 the Erwin Renz Metallwarenfabrik GmbH & Co KG, the leading supplier for the German and European letterbox industry, developed an electronic parcel box system with 24/7 availability with the goal of solving the package delivery problem once and for all. The myRENZbox can be used at private homes, businesses, and retailers. For maximum flexibility, the system was equipped with the RFID reader/writer TWN4 MultiTech 2 BLE from ELATEC.
To achieve the most uncomplicated, fast and contactless authentication possible, Renz needed a multifunctional all-in-one solution that could be used by package delivery services and recipients alike. It also had to be compatible with other authentication solutions: Existing badges and cards, e.g. for physical access control to buildings, secure printing, and the cafeteria, can also be used for myRENZbox. And it should work worldwide, since myRENZbox is sold around the world. In selecting the TWN4 MultiTech 2 BLE, Renz decided on a high-performance and multi-technology RFID reader/writer. The reader from ELATEC supports more than 60 card technologies, including all globally standard systems such as LEGIC, HID, and MIFARE. The BLE extension enables access to myRENZbox with badge or card as well as by smartphone.