RFID provides greater
convenience and security
for physical building access.
Integration of our RFID reading/writing module TWN4 Multitech Nano in IP intercom systems makes it possible: Locked doors can be opened with just an RFID card or smartphone.
I would like some advice
- The RFID reading/writing module has to support a wide range of RFID cards and Bluetooth.
- There is only limited space available for integrating the RFID devices in the intercom systems.
- Remotely programmable for easy updating of the IP intercom systems installed worldwide.
- ELATEC TWN4 MultiTech Nano reads more than 60 card technologies and is NFC-capable.
- The compact design allows trouble-free installation in intercom systems.
- Thanks to remote configuration, updates can be conveniently installed without on-site technician assistance.
- Integration of the RFID reading/writing module TWN4 Multitech Nano from ELATEC in the 2N IP intercom systems provides even easier and more convenient secured physical access to buildings. Authentication takes place easily via card or smartphone with the 2N® Mobile Key App
- TWN4 MultiTech Nano supports many card technologies: from an unsecured 125 kHz to a secured 13.56 MHz. That makes it possible to gradually and cost-efficiently transition to newer RFID technologies with better security, since older cards don't need to be immediately replaced.
The Czech company 2N is the largest global manufacturer of IP intercom systems. It has collaborated with ELATEC since 2008, when 2N launched the world’s first IP intercom. At that time, the 2N® Helios IP Vario – a two-way intercom for communicating with visitors – was equipped with an RFID card reader from ELATEC, the Mini Reader MIFARE NFC.
New requirements for RFID readers
When 2N was acquired by Axis Communications AB in 2016, it opened up additional growth opportunities for 2N; this, in turn, brought about new requirements for their RFID readers/writers. 2N developed two new combined access modules for the door intercom systems 2N® IP Verso and 2N® LTE Verso. For greater convenience, the systems were equipped with an RFID reader with Bluetooth connectivity or an RFID reader plus touch keypad.
TWN4 MultiTech Nano impresses with versatility and a compact design.
Based on its earlier positive experience, it was not surprising that 2N opted for a product from ELATEC when selecting the RFID reader. The TWN4 MultiTech Nano was the perfect solution. Its compact design allows it to be easily integrated into the new 2N IP intercom systems. The multi-frequency RFID reader supports all standard card technologies worldwide – more than 60 altogether. Thanks to Bluetooth connectivity, physical access is now possible via smartphone as well.