Secure e-tickets for
public transport RFID-enabled cash register systems.
Ending the illegal use of electronic tickets: Ticket vending machine manufacturer EMAR equipped its systems with the secure and future-proof RFID reading/writing module TWN4 MultiTech HF Mini from ELATEC.
I would like some advice
- The RFID reading/writing module must enable the migration to a secure RFID technology while providing the option to use two technologies simultaneously.
- The module must have a compact design so it can be easily integrated in the existing cash register system.
- ELATEC TWN4 MultiTech HF Mini supports both the outdated MIFARE Classic® and the modern MIFARE Plus®.
- Its slim and lightweight design enable hassle-free OEM integration.
- The new ticket vending machine equipped with the TWN4 MultiTech HF Mini presents a modern and future-proof cash register system for RFID-based tickets in the public transport system.
- The solution prevents the illegal use of RFID tickets.
The Polish company EMAR manufacturers ticket vending machines for the public transport sector, including the fiscal printer EMAR 205. This is a special unit used for bus ticket sales and is also capable of handling electronic RFID tickets. The original version of the device featured a simple RFID module that supported the MIFARE Classic® card technology. This technology became outdated and no longer complied with enhanced security requirements. EMAR, therefore, developed a new version of the EMAR 205 cash register device and equipped it with a modern RFID reading/writing module.
The TWN4 MultiTech HF Mini enables hassle-free migration.
EMAR quickly found the optimal solution: The TWN4 MultiTech HF Mini from ELATEC provides reliable protection from the illegal use of tickets and ensures that the ticket vending machine meets legal security regulations. The compact and programmable RFID reading/writing module for the high-frequency segment features a built-in antenna and can be easily integrated in the EMAR 205 cash register system. A smooth transition from the old MIFARE Classic® to the future-proof MIFARE Plus® RFID technology is trouble-free with the TWN4 MultiTech HF Mini, since it supports both technologies. Old cards can continue to be used until they are replaced by new cards across the board.