Integrated proximity identification technologies
RFID is a contactless technology based on the principal of the magnetic field and is used in a wide range of applications.
Bluetooth Smart is a short range radio technology (2.4 GHz) which is used in order to acquire information about the surrounding environment.
NFC stands for Near Field Communication. It is a wireless communication protocol, based on high frequency RFID technology (13.56 MHz).
Find answers to questions somebody else might have had before.
The underlying technology "TWN MultiTech"
The underlying technology which is used by our readers is called TWN MultiTech. The idea behind it is to support an "all-in-one" RFID proximity reader/writer which can be effortlessly used around the world. To achieve this goal the following features apply:
- readers are available with housing and/or as OEM boards
- one device supports LF (125/134.2 kHz), HF (13.56 MHz), NFC and Bluetooth Low Energy
- simultaneous support of more than 60 LF and HF RFID technologies
- worldwide certifications
- highly configurable devices w/o configuration change in the main application (HOST)
- easy scripting & firmware update of the reader in the field as required
- software development pack and documentation
- excellent local technical support
125 kHz/134.2 kHz:
AWID, CASI-RUSCO, Cardax, Cotag, Deister, EM4026, EM4050, EM4100, EM4102, EM4105, EM4126, EM4150, EM4200, EM4205, EM4305, EM4450, EM4469, EM4550, EM4569, FDX-B, G-Prox, HID DuoProx II (1336), HID ISO Prox II (1386), HID Micro Prox (1391), HID ProxKey III (1346), HID Prox, HID Prox II (1326), HITAG 1, HITAG 2, HITAG S, Indala, ioProx, Keri, Miro, Nedap, Nexwatch, Pyramid, Q5, T5557, T5567, T5577, TIRIS/HDX, TITAN (EM4050), UNIQUE, ZODIAC
- IS014443A: LEGIC Prime, MIFARE Classic, MIFARE Classic EV1, MIFARE Mini, MIFARE DESFire EV1, MIFARE Plus S, MIFARE Plus X, MIFARE Pro X, MIFARE Smart MX, MIFARE Ultralight, MIFARE Ultralight C, MIFARE Ultralight EV1, NTAG2xx, PayPass, SLE44R35, SLE66Rxx (my-d move)
- IS014443B: Calypso, CEPAS, Moneo, Pico Pass, SRI4K, SRIX4K, SRI512, SRT512
- IS018092/ECMA-340: NFC Forum Tag 1-5, NFC Peer-to-Peer, Sony FeliCa
- IS015693: EM4x33, EM4x35, HID iCLASS, HID iCLASS SE/SR, ICODE SLI, LEGIC Advant, M24LR16/64, MB89R118/119, SRF55Vxx (my-d vicinity), Tag-it, LEGIC Prime
New technologies are being added on a regular basis.
- CE, REACH and RoHS-III compliant (Europe)
- FCC (USA)
- SRRC, CCC (China)
- IC (Canada)
- ACMA ( Australia, New Zealand)
- MIC (Japan)
- KCC (South Korean)
- ANATEL (Brazil)
- IFT, NOM (Mexico)
- ICASA (South African)
- EAC (Russia)
ELATEC RFID readers are approved and certified for use in many countries and meet national laws and rules, which prove compliancy with radio regulations, ESD and partly safety. Certification in accordance with the respective national legal requirements ensures worldwide distribution.
ELATEC products have a variety of product certifications for different countries. ELATEC also offers an certification support, if the preferred RFID reader does not yet have the desired certification. In cases of ELATEC products and modules integrated into customer solutions, ELATEC offers integration and certification support and assistance as well.
Please contact our sales team for more information about the most recent status about product certifications available for each product.